It would be nice if tomorrow I would woke up and a different US president was in the White House. But because there is one reality I have to be content and continue with it.
It would also be nice if I woke up tomorrow morning to find I am a world famous scholar with three important books on my resume. Again, that would not be the case. I must work for those. Sigh.
I choose not to talk about politics because
- it generally does not change the outcome of elections, especially elsewhere
- it fuels so many unnecessary arguments
- I do not understand everything in politics (nor do I want to)
- I feel politicians never work for the benefit of the people … no matter what they say
- this is what The Buddha had meant by Right Speech
- [bonus reason] there are other more important things to worry about in this 13-billion-year-old universe with my less-than-hundred-year long lifespan.
Time to shut up. I have said too much about politics already.