Here is a list of ten of my favourite environment and sustainability jokes (not in any order). It is not so much that I find them funny but that because they have some truth in them. Enjoy.
- We need science to solve all the problems we wouldn’t have if there were no science.
- “If sunbeams were weapons of war, we would have had solar energy long ago.” Sir George Porter
- Gravity is a myth – the Earth sucks.
- Whenever he thought about the environment he felt absolutely terrible. So he came to a fateful decision. He decided not to think about it.
- The modern electric toothbrushes are having an effect on tooth care. In fact, my dentist was telling me that in Great Britain today, the major cause of tooth decay is weak batteries.
- Progress: the continuing effort to make things to be as good as they used to be.
- Have you ever noticed how modern developers operate? They bulldoze the trees and then name the streets after them!
- Most people in the city have come up from the country to make enough money to leave the city and live in the country.
- The government is finally doing something about energy conservation. They are asking motorists to remember to turn off their wind-screen wipers whenever they drive under a bridge.
- How wonderful it is to wake up in the middle of London every morning to the sounds of the birds coughing.
Know of any good sustainability humour? I would love to hear it.
See also Mara’s Dictionary